Chilled Longan Tofufah / Soy Milk Pudding
March 14, 2012
3 Litre fresh soy milk
3 tsp agar-agar powder (I use Pearl Mermaid Thailand brand)
1 can of longan in syrup
1. Divide soy milk into two portion (2.5 Litre and 500 ml).
2. Pour the 2.5 Litre portion into a heavy bottom saucepan and heat it up over low heat.
3. Dissolve agar-agar powder in the 500 ml portion and mix well.
4. When soymilk in saucepan (No. 2) is slightly hot, gently pour in the soy milk and agar-agar mixture (No. 3) into the saucepan, stir to mix well.
5. Stir from time to time, cook for about 10 mins over low heat. Turn off heat when you see bubbles on top but not wait until it boil.
6. Pour the hot soy milk mixture into containers or rameskins.
7. Skim off the bubbles on top. Allow to sit for about 15 mins to cool, skim off a thin layer of tofu curd on top.
8. Keep it in room temperature till it set. Pour 2 tbps of longan and syrup into each containers. Chill in fridge for a few hours and voila!