Steamed Chocolate Moist Cake
June 23, 2010
Steamed Chocolate Moist Cake (adapted from Cooking Crave with slight modification)
- 180g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 200ml evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essense
- Combine caster sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essense and butter in a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, turn off the fire and keep warm.
- Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl, then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix (cake batter should be runny)
- Heat up the steamer.
- Lined or greased a rectangular pan or a 8 inch round baking pan.
- Pour the batter into the lined pan and place the pan into the steamer and cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Cover the steamer and steam over medium heat for 45 mins.
- Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.